KIRLOSKAR INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED MANAGEMENT STUDIES, KIAMS Harihar
Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies (KIAMS) was set up in 1991 by the Kirloskar Group.
In 1998, KIAMS ventured into training bright, young minds in high-quality management education to meet the managerial leadership needs of the country. This was offered as a two-year fully residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM).
Post Graduate Diploma In Management
A two year full-time Post Graduate Program in Management
BUSINESS IMMERSION - Student Enhancement Plan
StEP or Student Enhancement Plan is a unique practice at the institute designed to strengthen the fundamentals needed of a manager to flourish in the corporate work place. This is executed through the Mentor-Protégé groups formed. The professors (mentors) handhold students (protégé) in improving the latter’s soft skills as well as technical cum managerial skills. Due to the Student Enhancement Plan, several skill sets of a student are enhanced at the end of the two-year PGDM Program.
SKILL SET AFTER COMPLETION OF COURSE
Attitude development as well as critical analysis ability, current affairs knowledge, quantitative & qualitative aptitude and domain knowledge. A ‘Communication and Awareness Forum’ exists which supports students to become aware of developments happening in the environment.
USP of KIAMS
- KIAMS has an Industry Coordinator Committee (ICC)
- Consisted of members drawn from different companies as well as academics.
- The ICC provides guidance on changes necessary to make the curriculum industry oriented.
- The ICC ensures that regular events like seminars, workshops and panel discussions are held to keep students abreast of the latest developments and practices in the industry.
- A Current News and Business Analysis Forum exists which supports students in multiple ways to become aware of happening in the environment. Sessions are scheduled regularly to expose students to analyses of industries, news analysis, quizzes, video clippings, etc. to groom students into industry-ready professionals.
The eligibility criteria for the Program are as follows:
- A bachelor's degree (10+2+3 OR 10+2+4) in any discipline from a recognized university, with not less than 50% overall aggregate marks. Students appearing for the final year examination may also apply.
- Admission test scores of any one of the following: CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAT, ATMA, Maharashtra CET (For Pune Campus), Karnataka CET (For Harihar Campus).
A candidate is shortlisted on the basis of the overall rank computed taking into account of the following components and their weights as defined by AICTE:
- Score in common entrance tests (CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAT, ATMA, Karnataka CET): 25%
- Academic Performance: 30%
- Group Discussion / Extempore / Written Skill Test and Personal Interview: 45%
- Work Experience/ Sports/ Extra-Curricular activities/ Notable Achievements: additional 5%
- Students from CAT/
XAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT entrance exams having 95 percentile and above are eligible
for a scholarship of Rs. 1,00,000/- in the total course fee.
- Students from CAT/ XAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT entrance exams having percentile between 90 and 95 are eligible for a scholarship of ₹ 60,000/- in the total course fee.
- The scholarship will be applied from the sixth installment of the fees and will be linked to the academic and behavioral performance during the PGDM course. It will be disbursed as follows:
- Those eligible for Rs.1,00,000/- scholarship will receive a rebate in the sixth installment provided the previous 3 semesters’ GPA/CGPA is 3.20 for batch 2017-19 and 7.20 for batch 2018-20.
- Those eligible for ₹ 60,000/- scholarship will receive a rebate in the sixth instalment provided the previous 3 semesters’ GPA/CGPA is 2.85 for batch 2017-19 and 6.4125 for batch 2018-20.
In 2019, KIAMS achieved a 96% placement of the students.
HIGHEST PLACEMENT – 15.64 LPA
AVERAGE PLACEMENT – 5.95 LPA